Taken from their website.
Founded by pet-sitting industry pioneer and author of Pet Sitting for Profit Patti J. Moran, Pet Sitters International (PSI) is the world’s largest, most-trusted educational association for professional pet sitters.
PSI’s 2015 Take Your Dog To Work Day®
History & F.A.Q.s
- TYDTWDay® was first celebrated in 1999. This year marks the 17th annual event.
- It was created by Pet Sitters International (PSI) to celebrate the great companions dogs make and promote their adoptions.
- The event encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day to support their local pet community.
- TYDTWDay is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father’s Day.
- It also accommodates cat lovers (and other pets) and those who cannot participate on TYDTWDay. The entire week leading up to the event, June 22-26, is Take Your Pet To Work Week™.
- Event creator PSI is the world’s largest educational association for professional pet sitters. For any day pets can’t be at work, pet owners can search PSI’s Official Pet Sitter Locator free-ofcharge to find a local professional pet sitter.
- PSI feels that through the events, non-pet owners are able to witness the special bond their coworkers have with their pets firsthand and be encouraged to adopt a new best friend of their own.
- An estimated 300 businesses participated in the inaugural celebration of TYDTWDay. Since that time, America’s love affair with pets and interest in TYDTWDay has grown to an all-time high.
- PSI does not track the day’s participation rates because companies are not required to register in order to participate. However, the association’s tracking tools indicate that overall involvement around the event grows each year, with hundreds of thousands of visitors exploring takeyourdog.com each year.
- You can follow TYDTWDay on Facebook and Twitter.
I am lucky that I work in a Veterinary Clinic so I get to take my dog(s) to work with me when they aren’t sick or when they are sick they get to come to work with me instead of me having to take off work from another job (like I would ever work at a different job) to take my dog to the vet. Today I am bringing Glory to work with me to have her examined and make sure she is right on track with her pregnancy. I really want to know how much she weighs and possibly have a xray taken to see if we can see and skeletons to count to know how many puppies she might be having. Now don’t be getting all excited that you might be knowing how many puppies she will be having. I’m saving that information for a later date. Coming up there will be a contest on how many puppies Glory and Thunder from 2browndawgs will be having and how many of each sex so stay tuned!So grab your dog and take your dog to work day tomorrow!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…