Sand Spring Chesapeakes would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day. Let’s remember those who served this country and no longer with us. Let’s remember and thank those who are still with us today. Without our servicemen and women our country wouldn’t be what it is today. Thank you and I remember thee!
- And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free, and I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I’ll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, ‘cuz there ain’t no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA. -Lee Greenwood
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.-John F. Kennedy
- The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem. -Rev. Aaron Kilbourn
- Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace. -Martin Luther
- Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o’er,
Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking,
Dream of battled fields no more.
Days of danger, nights of waking. -Sir Walter Scott
For my dad: Sp5 Bradley, Maurice Ray – Vietnam
When I’m Gone
And I travel my last weary mile,
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile.Forget unkind words I have spoken;
Remember some good I have done.
Forget that I ever had heartache
And remember I’ve had loads of fun.
Forget that I’ve stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles
And won, ere the close of the day.
Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay,
And come in the shade of evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…